Philadelphia
Phillies
Stadium Citizens Bank Park
77-72 Overall | NL EAST 3rd
TEAM STATSAVGRHRERA
Phillies.2477241984.54
Schedule
Regular season
Sat  9/21
@
Indians
FS17:10pm
Sun  9/22
@
Indians
ESPN6:37pm
Mon  9/23
@
Nationals
7:05pm
Tue  9/24
@
Nationals
1:05pm
Tue  9/24
@
Nationals
7:05pm
Wed  9/25
@
Nationals
7:05pm
Thu  9/26
@
Nationals
4:05pm
Fri  9/27
vs
Marlins
7:05pm
Sat  9/28
vs
Marlins
6:05pm
Sun  9/29
vs
Marlins
3:05pm
Team Outlook and Scouting Report

SEASON FORECASTS AND FUTURES PICKS

Their odds to win it all are 300/1, 0.3% (#14). They do not have any real chance to win the championship. They are not a good value to win the NL either at 150/1, 0.7%. They are projected to win 83 games and come in under their pre-season futures line of 89. Their playoff chances are under 1%. Their average wins per simulation puts them at #9 in the NL.

For winning picks against the spread, total and money line for all MLB games by our proven computer model and leading handicappers visit SportsLine.com where you can also get fantasy basketball and daily fantasy optimal lineups from CBSSports' Top Experts.

REGULAR SEASON RECAP AND UPCOMING GAMES

Based on money line odds their expected record at this point of the season is 76.5-71.5. At 76-72 they are in line with these expectations. Money line backers would be down quite a bit (-577 units). They are not good against the spread (72-76) for a -432 loss. Their under-over record is 75-69 with 4 pushes. Based on computer simulations they only have a 36% chance to beat the Braves in their next game. The table below shows their upcoming games, their simulation based win percentage and their recent head to head record (WL, ATS, OU).

TEAM STATISTICAL STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

Their record is better than it should be. Their average run differential is -0.05 which ranks #9 in the NL, but their rank based on win percentage is #7. This is a relatively better home team than a road team. They are the #8 ranked team in run differential in home games, vs #11 in road games. Their average run differential in their past 12 games is +0.08 which ranks them #7 over this stretch, slightly better than overall.

TEAM STATS PER GAME (League Rank):

ALLOWED TO OPPOSING TEAMS (Lower # is Better):

TEAM FANTASY LEADERS

The table below show the most valuable fantasy players on the team led by Bryce Harper who is projected to be the #2 outfielder the rest of the season. The Better Option column shows the player directly above him and the Better Than column shows the player directly below him in the projected position rankings.

Roster
NoPlayerPosHeightWeightBirthdateEXPCOLLEGE
52 Alvarez, Jose RP5-1119005/06/19897No College
23 Bruce, Jay LF6-323004/03/198712No College
54 Davis, Austin RP6-422502/03/19932No College
56 Eflin, Zach SP6-621104/08/19944No College
7 Franco, Maikel 3B6-122908/26/19926No College
66 Garcia, Edgar RP6-117910/04/19961No College
9 Gosselin, Phil SS6-120010/03/19887Virginia
73 Grullon, Deivi C5-1124002/17/19960No College
3 Harper, Bryce RF6-323010/16/19928No College
40 Haseley, Adam CF6-1185No College
16 Hernandez, Cesar 2B5-1016705/23/19907No College
17 Hoskins, Rhys 1B6-424003/17/19933No College
25 Hughes, Jared RP6-724007/04/19859No College
47 Irvin, Cole RP6-419001/31/1994No College
4 Kingery, Scott CF5-1018004/29/19942Arizona
15 Knapp, Andrew C6-120411/09/19913California
33 Miller, Brad 3B6-221510/18/19897Clemson
28 Morin, Mike RP6-422005/03/19916North Carolina
8 Morrison, Logan 1B6-224008/25/198710No College
50 Neris, Hector RP6-222706/14/19896No College
27 Nola, Aaron SP6-220006/04/19935LSU
53 Parker, Blake RP6-322506/19/19857Arkansas
67 Pirela, Jose RF5-1121511/21/19896No College
43 Pivetta, Nick RP6-521002/14/19933No College
--- Ramos, Edubray 5-1122512/19/19924No College
10 Realmuto, J.T. C6-121303/18/19916No College
13 Rodriguez, Sean 3B6-020004/26/198512No College
2 Segura, Jean SS5-1022003/17/19908No College
18 Smyly, Drew SP6-319006/13/19896Arkansas
55 Suarez, Ranger RP6-121008/26/19952No College
44 Vargas, Jason SP6-021502/02/198314No College
21 Velasquez, Vince SP6-320306/07/19925No College
29 Vincent, Nick RP6-018507/12/19868No College
5 Williams, Nick LF6-319509/08/19933No College