Edmonton
Oilers
Stadium Rogers Place
6-1-0 Overall | 2-0-0 PACIFIC 1st
TEAM STATSGFGAPOWER PLAY
Oilers2919 45.45%
Schedule
Regular season
Wed  10/2
vs
Canucks
W3-2
Sat  10/5
vs
Kings
W6-5
Tue  10/8
@
Islanders
W5-2
Thu  10/10
@
Devils
W / SO4-3
Sat  10/12
@
Rangers
W4-1
Mon  10/14
@
Blackhawks
L1-3
Wed  10/16
vs
Flyers
W6-3
Fri  10/18
vs
Red Wings
RSN19:00pm
Sun  10/20
@
Jets
RSN17:00pm
Tue  10/22
@
Wild
8:00pm
Team Outlook and Scouting Report

REGULAR SEASON RECAP AND UPCOMING GAMES

Based on money line odds their expected record at this point of the season is 3.5-3.5. They are beating expectations with their 6-1 record. If you bet on them to win every game you would be up big (+479 units). They are 4-3 on puck line bets for a 28 profit. Their over-under record is 4-3. Oddsmakers expected them to win 39 based on their money line game odds. Their 35-38-9 record last season failed to meet expectations. Anyone betting on them to win every game would have lost a lot (-1167) based on a 100 unit risk per game. They were not good on puck lines going 35-47 (-2296 loss). They went over 37 times and came in under 40 times. They are favored in their upcoming game vs the Detroit Red Wings. The table below shows their upcoming games, their simulation based win percentage and their recent head to head record (WL, ATS, OU).

For winning picks against the spread, total and money line for all NHL games by our proven computer model and leading handicappers visit SportsLine.com where you can also get fantasy basketball and daily fantasy optimal lineups from CBSSports' Top Experts.

SEASON FORECASTS AND FUTURES PICKS

Scout is not projecting Edmonton to have a very good season with just 81.6 points per season simulation which means bet the under 85.5 line. They are -300 to miss the playoffs and the sim says they only have a 16.5% chance to make the playoffs. The 83.5% they do not make the playoffs is much higher than the 75% implied probability. There are 8 teams who have 30/1, 3.2% odds to win the Stanley Cup. Our projection recommends not betting on them to win it all. Their 0.2% chance is #17 in the league. In simulations, they win the West 1% of the time and are not a good value at 15/1, 6.2%. They are projected to finish with 94 points and go over their pre-season futures line of 85.5. Their playoff chances stand at 72.9% (14.3% to win the division). Their average wins per simulation puts them at #7 in the West.

TEAM STATISTICAL STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

Their record is slightly better than it should be. Their average goal differential is +1.14 which ranks #4 in the league, but their rank based on points (per game) is #2. This is a relatively better road team than a home team. They are the #4 ranked team in goal differential in road games, vs #7 in home games. Their average goal differential in their past 6 games is +1.17.

OFFENSIVE STATS PER GAME (League Rank):

DEFENSIVE STATS PER GAME (Lower # is Better):

TEAM FANTASY LEADERS

The table below show the most valuable fantasy players on the team led by Connor McDavid who is projected to be the #1 Center the rest of the season. The Better Option column shows the player directly above him and the Better Than column shows the player directly below him in the projected position rankings.

  • kakko.jpg
    cbs sports

    Kakko scores first NHL goal

Roster
NoPlayerPosHeightWeightBirthdateEXPCOLLEGE
15 Archibald, Josh RW5-1017610/06/1992No College
74 Bear, Ethan D5-1119706/26/1997No College
83 Benning, Matt D6-120305/25/1994No College
39 Chiasson, Alex RW6-420810/01/1990No College
29 Draisaitl, Leon LW6-220810/27/1995No College
60 Granlund, Markus LW6-018004/16/1993No College
91 Haas, Gaetan C5-1117601/31/1992No College
92 Jurco, Tomas LW6-218812/28/1992No College
44 Kassian, Zack RW6-321101/24/1991No College
16 Khaira, Jujhar LW6-421208/13/1994No College
77 Klefbom, Oscar D6-321607/20/1993No College
19 Koskinen, Mikko G6-720207/18/1988No College
84 Lagesson, William D6-220202/22/1996No College
26 Manning, Brandon D6-120506/04/1990No College
97 McDavid, Connor C6-119301/13/1997No College
18 Neal, James RW6-321209/03/1987No College
93 Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan C6-018404/12/1993No College
25 Nurse, Darnell D6-422102/04/1995No College
36 Persson, Joel D5-1117003/04/1994No College
4 Russell, Kris D5-1017005/02/1987No College
52 Russell, Patrick RW6-120601/04/1993No College
23 Sheahan, Riley C6-321412/07/1991No College
41 Smith, Mike G6-522003/22/1982No College