Florida
Panthers
Stadium BB&T Center
18-20-8 Overall | 9-5-3 ATLANTIC 6th
TEAM STATSGFGAPOWER PLAY
Panthers142166 25.95%
Schedule
Regular season
Thu  1/3
@
Sabres
L3-4
Sat  1/5
vs
Blue Jackets
L / OT3-4
Tue  1/8
@
Penguins
L1-5
Thu  1/10
@
Oilers
L / SO3-4
Fri  1/11
@
Flames
L3-4
Sun  1/13
@
Canucks
L1-5
Tue  1/15
@
Canadiens
L1-5
Fri  1/18
vs
Maple Leafs
W3-1
Sat  1/19
@
Predators
8:00pm
Mon  1/21
vs
Sharks
RSN7:00pm
Team Outlook and Scouting Report

LONG TERM OUTLOOK: TRENDING DOWN

The Panthers are competing to make the playoffs but their chances are on a downward trend. In our pre-season forecast they had a 71.1% chance of making the playoffs. On 11/15 they had a 72% chance before dropping to 10.6% on 1/17. From the start of the season to now their chances are down significantly to 10.6%. Before the start of their 7 game losing streak they were at 58.1%. They have a very slim chance (

Strength of Schedule Getting Easier

  • Remaining Opponents' Win Percentage Rest of Season: 51% #7 Toughest
  • Season-to-Date Opponents' Win Percentage: 51% #4 Toughest

Panthers' Season Forecast Changes

Stream Florida games with SlingTV

SEASON-TO-DATE GRADE: F

Based on the money line projected win totals in each game, the 17-20-8 Panthers 'should have' 23 wins. They have 12 bad losses (they were favored or got blown out as slight underdogs) vs 5 good wins (wins as clear underdog, or 2+ final margin in what was expected to be a close game). They have been below expectations on the road and at home. Their 9-14-3 road record is -12% lower than expected. Their 8-6-5 home record is -14% lower. Losers of 7 in a row they have a 36.2% chance of seeing that extend to 9 straight. In simulations, the Panthers are a below average team and won 49.8% of the simulations played vs every other team as if they were playing on neutral ice with players available in the playoffs (#14 in the league). They have moved up from #17 in the league back on 12/13.

Their average goal differential is -0.53 which ranks #25 in the league, which is the same as how they rank in points. This is a relatively better home team than a road team. They are the #22 ranked team in goal differential in home games, vs #28 in road games. They are trending down. Their average goal differential in their past 6 games is -2.33 (#31 over this stretch).

OFFENSIVE STATS PER GAME (League Rank):

DEFENSIVE STATS PER GAME (Lower # is Better):

NEXT 3 GAME OUTLOOK: CLOUDY

The forecast for their next 3 games can be described as 'cloudy'. They have 2 likely wins where they are winning >60% of the simulations which translates to being at least a -150 favorite, and just 7 games where they are a clear underdog.

Win%, Opp, and Distance to Road Game (**Indicates Back-to-Back)

JAN 18
CLOSE GAME
46% TOR
--
JAN 19**
LIKELY LOSS
33% @NSH
1271 miles
JAN 21
CLOSE GAME
46% SJ
--
FEB 1
CLOSE GAME
41% NSH
--
FEB 2**
CLOSE GAME
58% LV
--
FEB 5
CLOSE GAME
60% STL
--
FEB 7
LIKELY LOSS
38% PIT
--
FEB 9
LIKELY LOSS
28% @WAS
1451 miles
FEB 10**
LIKELY LOSS
36% TB
1451 miles
FEB 12
LIKELY WIN
66% DAL
--

The most likely scenario over the next 3 games is a record of 1-2 (43% chance). Their chances of winning their next 3 are 7.9%. At #14 in the conference, they are behind the Devils by one point. With a +0.35 advantage in projected wins over their next 3 games they have a good chance of improving their conference seed. They are in a battle with Flyers in the conference. In the short-term, we do predict much of a change in the gap between them and the Flyers. There is only a 0.46 advantage in projected wins over their next 3 games.

The Fatigue Index factors for travel (miles, time zones crossed) and games played. Based on this index the Panthers are the 3rd most fatigued team heading into the next game. Over the next few days, the Panthers are playing 4 games, traveling 2542 miles crossing 2 time zones. They rank #13 on the Fatigue Index during this time period.

Sportsline has a free pick on the Florida Panthers' next game. They are +128 underdogs and there is slight value on them to win. Visit Sportsline.com to find out if there is a lot of value on this pick and get picks vs totals, money lines and a complete projected box score of the game.

FANTASY PROFILE

Based on rest of season projections, these are the 6 most valuable fantasy players based on their projected position rank (G, C, LW, RW, D). Overvalued players are rated higher by the market based on ownership% and vice versa.

Roster
NoPlayerPosHeightWeightBirthdateEXPCOLLEGE
16 Barkov, Aleksander C6-321309/02/1995No College
27 Bjugstad, Nick RW6-621507/17/1992No College
95 Borgstrom, Henrik C6-318508/06/1997No College
22 Brouwer, Troy RW6-321308/17/1985No College
2 Brown, Josh D6-522501/21/1994No College
63 Dadonov, Evgenii RW5-1118503/12/1989No College
5 Ekblad, Aaron D6-422002/07/1996No College
18 Haley, Micheal LW5-1120503/30/1986No College
8 Hawryluk, Jayce RW5-1118501/01/1996No College
68 Hoffman, Mike RW6-018011/24/1989No College
11 Huberdeau, Jonathan LW6-120006/04/1993No College
55 Kiselevich, Bogdan D6-020202/14/1990No College
1 Luongo, Roberto G6-321504/04/1979No College
62 Malgin, Denis RW5-917701/18/1997No College
19 Matheson, Mike D6-219302/27/1994No College
90 McCann, Jared C6-118505/31/1996No College
12 McCoshen, Ian D6-321708/05/1995No College
13 Pysyk, Mark D6-120001/11/1992No College
34 Reimer, James G6-222003/15/1988No College
7 Sceviour, Colton LW6-019204/20/1989No College
21 Trocheck, Vincent C5-1018607/11/1993No College
72 Vatrano, Frank LW5-920103/14/1994No College
3 Yandle, Keith D6-119109/09/1986No College