Minnesota
Wild
Stadium Xcel Energy Center
12-5-2 Overall | 5-2-0 CENTRAL 2nd
TEAM STATSGFGAPOWER PLAY
Wild6251 20.63%
Schedule
Regular season
Sat  11/3
@
Blues
W5-1
Tue  11/6
@
Sharks
L3-4
Thu  11/8
@
Kings
W3-1
Fri  11/9
@
Ducks
W5-1
Sun  11/11
@
Blues
W3-2
Tue  11/13
vs
Capitals
L2-5
Thu  11/15
vs
Canucks
W6-2
Sat  11/17
vs
Sabres
6:00pm
Sun  11/18
@
Blackhawks
NHL6:00pm
Wed  11/21
vs
Senators
RDS28:00pm
Team Outlook and Scouting Report

NEXT 5 GAME OUTLOOK: BRIGHT

The Wild next 5 game forecast could not be much brighter. They have 4 likely wins where they are winning >60% of the simulations which translates to being at least a -150 favorite, 4 more games where they are favored by at least 53%, and no games where they are a clear underdog.

Win%, Opp, and Distance to Road Game (**Indicates Back-to-Back)

NOV 17
LIKELY WIN
74% BUF
--
NOV 18**
CLOSE GAME
51% @CHI
556 miles
NOV 21
LIKELY WIN
74% OTT
--
NOV 23
CLOSE GAME
55% WPG
--
NOV 27
LIKELY WIN
70% ARI
--
NOV 29
CLOSE GAME
50% @CLB
996 miles
DEC 1
CLOSE GAME
54% TOR
--
DEC 4
LIKELY WIN
60% @VAN
2308 miles
DEC 6
CLOSE GAME
56% @CGY
1694 miles
DEC 7**
CLOSE GAME
55% @EDM
282 miles

The most likely scenario over the next 5 games is a record of 3-2 (33% chance). Their chances of winning their next 5 are 11.6%. At #2 in the conference, they are behind the Predators by one point. With a -0.69 disadvantage in projected wins over their next 5 games they may find themselves further behind in the conference. They are ahead of the Jets by 2 points. In the short-term, we do predict much of a change in the gap between them and the Jets. There is only a 0.47 advantage in projected wins over their next 5 games.

Our Fatigue Index ranks teams based on travel miles, time zones crossed, days off since their last game and based on these metrics the Wild are just the 26th most fatigued team heading into the next game. Over the next few weeks, the Wild are playing 7 games, traveling 2108 miles crossing 1 time zone. They rank #29 on the Fatigue Index during this time period.

Stream Minnesota games with SlingTV

According to Sportsline the Minnesota Wild are -213 favorites but their simulated win percentage is very different and we see this as a pick with a lot of value. Get the pick for this game at Sportsline.com.

SEASON-TO-DATE GRADE: B+

At 12-5-2 the Wild are exceeding expectations. The combined projected win total based on per game money lines is 9.9 wins. If you consider winning as a clear-cut underdog or winning by 2+ goals as a slight favorite, then they have 6 good wins vs 4 bad losses. They have been better than expected on the road. Their 6-4-0 road record is +13% better than their expected win percentage. Their record over the last 3 weeks and win% (8-3-0, 73%) is better than their expected 54% win percentage. The Wild are a good team (in simulations) and won 57.5% of the simulations vs every other team playing on a neutral court with players available in the playoffs (#8 in the league). In our pre-season simulations they were ranked #8 winning 56.1%.

Their record is slightly better than it should be. Their average goal differential is +0.63 which ranks #5 in the league, but their rank based on points (per game) is #4. This is a relatively better road team than a home team. They are the #5 ranked team in goal differential in road games, vs #8 in home games. Their average goal differential in their past 7 games is +1.57 which ranks them #3 over this stretch, slightly better than the season overall.

OFFENSIVE STATS PER GAME (League Rank):

DEFENSIVE STATS PER GAME (Lower # is Better):

Sportsline not only has a pick on every NHL game and line our Experts provide winning Daily Fantasy Optimal Lineups every day.

LONG TERM OUTLOOK: MIXED BAG

The Wild are championship contenders, but they have seen their chances go up and down this season. In our pre-season forecast they had a 6% chance of winning it all. On 10/18 they had a 2% chance before increasing to 5.7% on 11/6. From the start of the season to now their chances are down to 5.5%. They have a 10% chance of winning their division. They are projected to finish #2 in the conference and have a 90% chance of making the playoffs. They have a good shot at getting home court advantage in the first round (65%). Their chances of getting out of the first round is 57% and their chances of reaching the conference finals is 27.3%. Based on the odds, they have a 14.3% chance of winning the West (6/1) and a 7.7% chance of winning it all (12/1). In simulations they make the Finals 11.9% of the time.

Strength of Schedule Getting Much Tougher

  • Remaining Opponents' Win Percentage Rest of Season: 50% #14 Toughest
  • Season-to-Date Opponents' Win Percentage: 47% #8 Easiest

Wild's Championship Forecast Changes

FANTASY PROFILE

Based on rest of season projections, these are the 6 most valuable fantasy players based on their projected position rank (G, C, LW, RW, D). Overvalued players are rated higher by the market based on ownership% and vice versa.

Roster
NoPlayerPosHeightWeightBirthdateEXPCOLLEGE
25 Brodin, Jonas D6-119407/12/19936No College
23 Brown, J.T. RW5-1017507/02/19906Minnesota-Duluth
3 Coyle, Charlie C6-321803/02/19926Boston U.
40 Dubnyk, Devan G6-621005/04/19869No College
24 Dumba, Matt D6-018907/25/19945No College
14 Eriksson Ek, Joel C6-120601/29/19972No College
21 Fehr, Eric RW6-421209/07/198513No College
17 Foligno, Marcus LW6-322808/10/19917No College
64 Granlund, Mikael C5-1018502/26/19926No College
18 Greenway, Jordan LW6-622602/16/19971Boston U.
15 Hendricks, Matt C6-020706/17/198110St. Cloud State
9 Koivu, Mikko C6-321503/12/198313No College
22 Niederreiter, Nino RW6-221009/08/19927No College
11 Parise, Zach LW5-1119707/28/198413North Dakota
29 Pateryn, Greg D6-222306/20/19905Michigan
39 Prosser, Nate D6-220305/07/19869Colorado College
36 Seeler, Nick D6-220006/03/19931Nebraska-Omaha
46 Spurgeon, Jared D5-917611/29/19898No College
12 Staal, Eric C6-420510/29/198414No College
32 Stalock, Alex G6-018707/28/19877Minnesota-Duluth
20 Suter, Ryan D6-120001/21/198513Wisconsin
16 Zucker, Jason LW5-1118801/16/19927Denver